Running Minecraft with mods is awesome.
This allows for a lot of quality of life improvements, such as maps, JEI and other stuff.
This tutorial is written for the official
- Download the Forge Installer.
- Run the installer with
java -jar forge-*-installer.jar --installServer.
- Select the
Install clientoption in the GUI that pops up
Forge is now installed and you can add your mods.
For instance, my currently installed minecraft folder is located in
- Create the
- Download all of your mods. Be careful that the mod is for the correct minecraft version. Some mods also come with support for another mod loader. Be sure to pick the Forge version.
- Copy those mod files into the
Start Minecraft with Forge
- Just start
How To Install Mods
- Download the mod's
- Copy the
*.jarfile to the
List of Useful Mods
- Apple Skin Show hidden hunger mechanics.
- Crafting Tweaks Adds a
balanceoption for the crafting grid.
- Inventory sorter Quality of life inventory management.
- Just enough items Better crafting and item inspection interface.
- Journey Map A nice ingame map :)
- Optifine Better graphics and zoom!
- Light overlay Shows where monsters can spawn.